• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe Transfer from BeerSmith 2 to BeerSmith 3

FireMaker

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

I'm a long-time user with a coupla hundred recipes in BeerSmith 2. I'd like to upgrade to BeerSmith 3. How do I go about transferring the recipes from 2 to 3? I don't want to lose any data.

Thanks.

After you download and install BeerSmith 3, click on 'file' > 'import BeerSmith 2 Directory' and the program will take all your files and directories from your BeerSmith 2 folder and bring them into your BeerSmith 3 program.

Thank you. Now to make it a little more difficult. BeerSmith 2 is on one computer, BeerSmith 3 will be on another (newer) computer. Basically, transferring everything to a happy, healthy computer and upgrading as I go. How do I upload the data from old compy to new compy/new program?

Your files should all be in a sub-folder in your 'my documents' folder (I am assuming windows based computer, not sure for Mac or Linux machines) labeled 'BeerSmith2'  Copy this folder first and move it to your new computer in the same location.  Now the automatic transfer will work.

Back