• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Is there a way to import multiple XML files simultaneously?

B

big_b

I was wondering if there was a way that multiple XML files could be imported into BeerSmith all at once.  I'm a big fan of Northern Brewer's kits, and someone was nice enough to convert all the kit recipes to XML and post them (http://www.mediafire.com/?weeqmmlkyj9).  The zip file has 132 files, and I would very much like to avoid importing them individually.  Or, is there a way to merge all the XML files into a single file, like the Recipe uploads?

Hi,
  No there is no automatic import of multiple XML files - its too bad the author did not put them all into one XML file.

You could probably manually merge them but it would still be a bit painful as you need to have one set of <Recipes> tags surrounding the actual <Recipe> records, so you would have to load and manipulate the XML.

If you can find the author he could easily export them all at once to either a BSM file or XML file for you.

Cheers,
Brad

Back