• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS3 issues

agoldberg308

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've been using version 2 for many years. I had taken a break from brewing but am getting back into it again (nephew wants to brew).

I downloaded version 3 of BeerSmith today to test out to see IF it didn't have the printing issue I have with the latest version 2 release. Yup, plus it has some more issues.

Printing issue (seen others post about this, but nothing recent under Win10 x64).
Print preview shows everything correctly fitting on the page.
Go to print and first page has the bottle and right 1/4 cropped out. Second page prints normal width.
Print to PDF or my laser printer does the same thing. No other software installed has any issue printing.
I was able to print under an older v2 releases (when I used it before). Something has gone seriously F'ed up since then.

Carbonation via keg only allows you to select a X.X number. Where CO2 volumes are often to two decimal places to get even CO2 PSI levels (I don't have a regulator capable of doing 11.19 PSI).

I'm not really ready to spend money on a piece of software that cannot print properly now, when it could before.

Just bought into BS3 and I am having the same issue on printing reports.  The Print Preview looks great, but when printed to either a machine or PDF, the right and bottom sides are clipped.  I've tried everything I can think of and there is nothing else on the forums. 

Have you had any luck?

Attachments

• American Mystery Stout.pdf
    372.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Annotation 2020-07-27 172539.png
    Annotation 2020-07-27 172539.png
    546.1 KB · Views: 448
I have had no issues printing.  Looking at your screen shot, I would suggest you increase your margins and try to print.  Your bottom margin and right side margin look to be very narrow.  I tried printing a recipe to pdf and it still looks fine. 

Attachments

• honey brown print test.pdf
    443.7 KB · Views: 220
One option is to go to Options->Report and check the box for Print to Browser.  This will send printouts to your browser where you have more control over scaling and margins of the print.

Brad

My issue is lack of the cursor in Notes edit window. It was OK in previous 3.x version. I am using MACOS Mojave

jtgoral are you perhaps using dark mode in Mojave? If so, try going to light mode and see if that fixes your trouble.

Back