• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Missing "Amount" column in recipe builder

u81doughboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I was moving columns around inside recipe builder and now the Amount column is missing.  It does not show when I attempt to modify the columns.  Am I missing something? 

In the ingredient dialog box, if you right click on the header you should get an option to customize columns.  Clicking on this will give you a pop up window which will allow you to select which columns are shown and in what order.  Screen shot shown.

Attachments

• column options in BeerSmith recipe design.jpg
    column options in BeerSmith recipe design.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for the reply.  That is exactly what I was doing.  Here is a screenshot similar to yours, except mine doesn't have the Amount column available.  Any ideas?

Cool! You broke it! 

Have you tried exiting out of BeerSmith and then reopening it a couple of minutes later?  Other than that, I would recommend sending the issue and screen shot directly to Brad via email.

I love breaking things, just no my beer related things.

Thanks for your suggestion.  The restart program thing didn't work (I had tried that originally).  I reached out to Brad based on your suggestion.

Hi,
  If you go to Documents/BeerSmith3 and remove the BSCols.BX2 file it will reset all of your columns to defaults.  Please close BeerSmith before doing this.

Brad

Back