• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud recipes messed up readings

Enethion

Apprentice
Reaction score
Today I took a gravity reading of my latest beer, and when I wanted to put it into recipe I've stored online, I noticed every single reading that was saved before is set to June 2nd 2020. And not only in that particular recipe. In fact it happened in every single cloud recipe that had fermentation data stored. What the heck happened?

EDIT: Even worse! When I downloaded the recipe from the server and opened it, it now has every fermentation data record set to June 5th... Is there a way to get old dates back? I'd like to have some reference. If localy stored recipes will work better, I will see no real advantage for yearly subscription over life time one.

EDIT 2: I just tried opening those recipes on another machine. On it everything seems to be fine. What difference there may be? o_O

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I will chime in but I wonder if you are aware that every recipe is an independent archive? If you create a recipe on device A... move that recipe to B, the cloud... copy that cloud recipe to device C and then make a change to the recipe on C - that change does not show up on A or B.

Kevin58 said:
I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I will chime in but I wonder if you are aware that every recipe is an independent archive? If you create a recipe on device A... move that recipe to B, the cloud... copy that cloud recipe to device C and then make a change to the recipe on C - that change does not show up on A or B.

I'm aware of that. The situation I'm describing is:
1. I created several recipes on device A, and saved them on cloud.
2. Each recipe has it's own fermentation data stored.
3. Device A sees that data as logged the same day each (June 2nd).
4. Device B sees that data as it's been created (each entry has different date).
5. Device A sees every entry of fermentation data as created at exactly the same time (for unknown reason: June 5th) for any downloaded via web page recipe.

Only conclusion is, that something is wrong on my main device (A). I'd love to know what it is. I'm afraid reinstall might not help if I won't delete everything, and I don't want to delete everything as on this device I have some custom data that is not stored on cloud (e.g. inventory) as well as custom reports. I wonder if there is any solution that won't affect those thing.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, my cloud recipes are used only on cloud. I don't have any local copies of them. Each time recipe is loaded straight from cloud, so it should be exactly the same on any device, but (as shown above) it's not.

Which versions of software are you running on A and B?  You can see the exact version from Help->About

Brad

Back