• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water Calculator Total Volume OVERRIDE??

RiverBrewer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
    The Water>Water Adjustment Salts> Match A Target Profile is a lightning fast time saver for BS calculated Total Water Volumes. I always go with a extra volume in my HLT primarily to run boiling water through my plate chiller & it's hop rocket prefilter, after the runoff is complete. It sure would be great to save time, Click!
    It took be a while to learn a "work around" Water>Water Profile> Add Water> Select Profile> Enter Mash Vol>OK> Yes Add Additions to Ingredients List> Add Without Closing>Enter Sparge Volume (including my over volume)>OK>Yes Add Additions to Ingredients List. Click the Don't include Water Salts box. Then go into Design Ingredients list and edit the larger weight of the each individual salt addition, changing it from use in mash field to use in sparge.
    I understand how Total Water Volume is integral to BeerSmith calculations. Just wondering if there was a way to do it without monkeying up the works?

Back