• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Wanting another drop down under "ingredients"

Joel B.

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all,
  I was wondering if I could add a drop down under "Ingredients" that I could just have the "grains" that I might use?
Like this;
    Ingredients
        Hops
        Grains
      >Extract<
        Yeast,,,, etc.
As an extract brewer there is a lot of grains that I will probably not ever use. (ie. smoked peat). I know that I could just delete the unused but they would be gone forever right?. I would call the the new one "Extract" or what ever and have extracts, sugars, and perhaps cara type (typical steeping grains).
  Why? you ask, it can be a pain to scroll through all the unused to find what I want. Call it stupid, lazy or what ever,,, just wonder if possible. ::)

Thanks,
Joel B.

I just went into the ingredients/fermentables and edited the entries for grains I frequently used by putting "1" in front of the names. That will cause the chosen grains to appear at the front of the list.

Hi Bob357
That's too simple. I was looking for some convoluted explanation that ended up with NO.
I never gave your idea a thought. That's exactly what I think I'm going to try. Then any time it looks like I use that item more than once just add the "1" to it.
Kind of makes me feel stupid to have asked ::).  Thanks so much for the reply.

Thanks again,
Joel B.

When I am looking for specific ingredients, I use the search box at the top of the ingredient window.  A few keystrokes narrows the list down to one or a couple of the malts I am looking for.

Yea, I knew that, but looking for a different way cuz as I said, I'm a little bit lazy.
Besides, if it wasn't for us knot-heads, what would you "smart, I got the answer" guys do with your spare time !!! :p
  Just kidding ,
As always,Thanks for your reply,

Joel B.

I use a bit of both methods:  search and renaming.  I use search for the ingredients, but all my equipment and mash profiles are numbered so that they are immediately on top.  Kinda makes me half lazy, I guess...

IMHO no one should be using smoked peat anyway.  ;D

Back