• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Briess sample

bamajim

Apprentice
Reaction score
With my last grain bill I was given a 4 oz. sample of Briess 'Synergy Select Pilsen MaltGems'. I am considering adding this in my recipe. Does anyone know how to add to my recipe in BeerSmith software?

First, get the specifications for the malt you want to add.  You can find a fact sheet on the MaltGems product you cited here: https://maltgems.brewingwithbriess.com/documents/2020_SynergySelectMaltGems_SS_5-21-20.pdf

Now in BeerSmith, open up your fermentables ingredients listings.  Click on 'Add new...' on the tool bar to open up a blank fermentables listing.  Fill out the information you can from the sheet.  Don't sweat the small details as the only real information you will need is potential or yield, % moisture, name and (if you plan on using it with a lot of adjuncts) diastatic power.  If a malt does not list a diastatic power, it is usually because it no longer contains active enzymes.

Close it and add it to your recipe. 

Thank you Oginime! Was able to create a new fermentable with this data. The only parameter I didn't find was potential/yield unless its called something else. Again, Thanks

Back