• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Upgrade 3.0.6 to 3.1.8

PeeBee

Brewer
Reaction score
There seems to be a lack of posts regarding this upgrade. Are they somewhere I'm not looking?

I've been putting this upgrade off for a while. It describes itself as a "new" installation, not an upgrade. So I'm fearful about losing existing recipes and profile data. Need I be? And what information will I need to transfer existing 3.0 license?

Thanks

When I launched BS 3 it notified my that there was an update to 3.1.8

No worries:

What was worrying me was the phrase "this is a manual update" but it was only referring to it not being an "automatic" update. So it manually installed and kept all my data and licensing intact as expected. I guess I was being over-anxious?

Although it has moved data storage to %APPDATA%\BeerSmith3 (Windows) so I do need to alter my off-site mirror (backup) locations (Google and Microsoft). That'll be a pain. But only a pain 'cos it wasn't in the right place to start with (whereas it is now!).

This reminds me that my automatic docs backups are not backing of Beersmith any more.

I ended up reverting to 3.0.8 after initially installing the update and have done this a couple of times without corrupting my data.

Rant (sort of): The reason it did this was because the update breaks the Fermentation Readings graphing which is a feature I use heavily. I did try to get some help with this bug without success which is rather disappointing given how expensive BeerSmith is these days.  ???

Back