• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Plain Water Styles?

LBussy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Yes this is a strange one ... but I actually "make" things like San Pellegrino and put it on tap.  I like to keep my recipes so I don't have to figure the additions every time.  Is it possible to:
  • Have a "water" brewing profile that has no accounting for equipment loss?  I think maybe I need to make new equipment?
  • Have a "water" style so that everything else works out?

The answer is YES. 

Make a general equipment profile with no losses and zero boil time.  The water in should then equal water out,
Create a water profile in the water profile tool with the ending mineral amounts you want to target and using your starting water profile,
Have BeerSmith match the profile with the mineral additions and save the profile including the mineral additions,
Create a new recipe, make sure it is a clean slate,
Use your new equipment profile for no boil, no losses, volume in = volume out,
Go to the water tab and proceed as you would with any standard recipe, adding your water and matching your desired water profile
Your recipe will be the water plus the mineral additions.

Limitations are that the program will not use any mineral salts other than those used in standard brewing. 

Back