• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Apparently I can not figure this out....

D

doubled

I am putting in my first rest brew recipe in Beersmith (operating under a trial before I decide if I am going to purchase) and things go pretty well until I get to the part where I need to set my mash steps....  I batch-sparge.  I introduce grains to my strike water; collect my first runnings and add my sparge water.  I see all types of mash options but none that address the way I mash.

I am sure it is there;  can you tell me how to enter my data into your tool and get the mash water (based on grains/lb) and my sparge water so that I can know what to sparge with to get my second runnings/wort volume correct?

After you choose the mash profile you want and enter the details for the steps, there is a check-box for Batch Sparge.  Once checked, it gives you some options on your batch process. 

I found the checkbox but I sitll can't add my sparge info (or have it calculated) - what am I doing wrong?  I set my mash profile, enter my Mash-IN step; hit details, check the sparge box but then I don't see the options or generated fields for my sparge.  I put in my equiptment, deadspace, etc.

Hi
  The details are all displayed on the "Brewsheet" (select Preview Brewsheet, or use the drop down to select a brewsheet on the main recipe display).

Cheers,
Brad

Back