BeerSmith Software > BeerSmith 2 Bugs/Support

2.3.12 unusable on MacOS due to seg faults

<< < (2/3) > >>

iangray:
To update, the dev has confirmed to me that BeerSmith 2 isn't supported on macOS 11 and isn't going to work. There is at least now a warning note on the website.

Jomebrew, for someone who describes themselves as "rude, crude, offensive and of questionable character" you got pretty upset at me trying to gently rib you for not reading my post. Apologies, no offence meant.

jomebrew:

--- Quote from: iangray on January 12, 2021, 11:26:10 AM ---To update, the dev has confirmed to me that BeerSmith 2 isn't supported on macOS 11 and isn't going to work. There is at least now a warning note on the website.

Jomebrew, for someone who describes themselves as "rude, crude, offensive and of questionable character" you got pretty upset at me trying to gently rib you for not reading my post. Apologies, no offence meant.

--- End quote ---

In the context of wanting to help someone, saying "it is RIGHT THERE in crash log data" is a little off putting. There wasn't a smiley face for me to say DOH! and smack my head even though I am not familiar with MacOS crash dumps. I did look at the bottom hoping it would be there. I did note you had a mid 2017 MacBook Pro and wasn't likely dealing with old hardware issue.

I had to search what 11.0.1 translated to as the release name which I have to do every time someone say OSx Version x.y.z..  Upon seeing it was Big Sur, I knew that as the answer. You must be at Beersmith version 3.1 to run on Big Sur. I figured you would eventually find that yourself if you looked at the 2.x FAQ http://beersmith.com/beersmith2/. So I posted my snarky reply and left.

Actually, I didn't get back to this thread for a few days as I have been fighting spammers here on the forum.  Seems spammers might be using smarter agent bots thwarting efforts top ban them. I didn't intent to leave hanging snark for too long.  OK.  Off to nuke the most recent spam post and accounts.  Oh, if you are looking or cooking site just go to ...  :o

iangray:
Those notes about Big Sur are new, added yesterday. I suspected this might happen so I took screenshots. They were added because selling a commercial program for macOS as "still supported", yet knowing that it isn't supported, and won't be fixed, is...highly cheeky.

He is still doing it, but at least there is now a warning note.

Oginme:
It definitely will not be fixed for BS2, since Brad has already announced that there will be no more development on this version of the software with the release of BS3.  To say that he is not working on a fix for BS3 to run under Big Sur is highly speculative at this time. 

iangray:
> To say that he is not working on a fix for BS3 to run under Big Sur is highly speculative at this time.

Nobody said that. BS3 appears to run fine on macOS 11.

BS2 is the program which is currently described by the website as "still supported" and I think this is a little misleading, because as you observe, it is not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version