• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Another copy running

Ron

Apprentice
Reaction score
I reinstalled bs3.1, still tells me another copy running, I hit Run program anyways, and it tells me to close program. Any thoughts?

Sometimes when I get that message I had inadvertently ?double clicked? on the icon to open the application and two copies opened at once. I just close one.

That can happen if you shut down your computer without closing BeerSmith too. If you're not sure, Click close BeerSMith when the message pops up, and then reopen, ignoring the message.

In the folder with your data files there is a file called InUse.lck that BeerSmith3 creates when the program starts and deletes when the program closes properly. If it detects the presence of that file when starting it gives the "Another copy running" message. If it didn't shut down properly it may not have had a chance to delete the file. If you are sure there is no other copy running, you can delete the lock file.

--GF

Back