• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My Recipe folder display question

ThatBeerGuy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there a way to have the folders in the My Recipe sidebar NOT be in expanded view mode (ie showing all sub folder directories) when you open Beersmith up each time?

As it is now, each time I open up BS the sidebar displays all of my primary folder sub-folders as follows:

Attachments

• Beersmith Being Displayed.png
    Beersmith Being Displayed.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 215
I'd like the sidebar display to open up as follows instead:

Attachments

• BeerSmith Ideal Display.png
    BeerSmith Ideal Display.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 213
Drag the recipes into the style folders. When you click on a style folder it will display the contents in the large panel to the right.

BOB357 said:
Drag the recipes into the style folders. When you click on a style folder it will display the contents in the large panel to the right.
Thanks. Yes, I am able to populate and display the folders no troubles.

What I am wondering is if I can, upon opening up Beersmith, have it NOT display all of my sub folders automatically as it now does (see in the attached "Beersmith being displayed.png"). I'd rather it only show the parent folders (see in the attached "Beersmith Ideal Display.png"). This way I can click to open up the sub folders as I desire instead of all of them being needlessly opened at once.

Ah. I didn't notice you had sub style folders. Thought there were recipes below the main styles. Any folders you enter in that sidebar will be displayed. I know of no way to circumvent that. Maybe Oginme or Brewfun will be able to help.

Just thought of something. Dragging the sub style folders into the style folders should get the opening display where you want it.

Back