• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't import/merge recipes from Beersmith 2 to Beersmith 3

shanerichard

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased Beersmith 3 due to issues with Beersmith 2 whilst running on an iMac with Big Sur as the operating system, which is the worst. I'm having a multitude of issues with Beersmith 3 such as constant crashing, logging me off as the user, saying that Beersmith is opened twice but the most irritating problem is I can't import/merge my recipes from Beersmith2 to Beersmith3.

I get a pop-up saying Assertion failed (refer attached).

I click OK and then I get this widgets debug alert error pop-up (refer attached).

WTF is the going on here as it's doing my head in.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe open BS 2 and backup the recipes, then import the backup file in BS3? Don't know if that will work, just thinking off the top of my head.

You can export the data as a BSMX file from BeerSmith 2 and import it in BeerSmith 3:

You can learn more about how to open, copy and save BSMX data here:
  https://beersmith.com/blog/2019/01/27/sharing-beer-brewing-data-using-bsmx-files-in-beersmith/

Brad

Back