• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Natural gas cast iron two burner hot plate

cowboy up

Brewer
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea where I might find a natural gas two burner cast iron hot plate? I'm thinking about moving my brewing operation into my basement for convenience and I would like to do it all there if I can. I have had good results with my propane burner in my shop but I'm not sure how safe it would be to bring it into my basement and use it there. Any directions or advice would be appreciated. Does anyone out there have their brewery in there basement  with a natural or propane gas set up? Thanks!  Cowboy Up!!  :)

cowboy up said:
Does anyone have an idea where I might find a natural gas two burner cast iron hot plate? I'm thinking about moving my brewing operation into my basement for convenience and I would like to do it all there if I can. I have had good results with my propane burner in my shop but I'm not sure how safe it would be to bring it into my basement and use it there. Any directions or advice would be appreciated. Does anyone out there have their brewery in there basement  with a natural or propane gas set up? Thanks!  Cowboy Up!!   :)

I believe there are many and I would suggest you seek advice on  a number of reputable forums.  Be careful...

Post on Tasty Brew.  I know for a fact a couple guys run electric rigs indoors.  I also think 1-2 guys have gas powered ones that they put a vent hood type device over.

+1 on be careful.

Thanks guys. Safety is my number one concern. I have been doing more research and if I do decide to do this sometime down the road, I will look into buying a stock pot natural gas range. I have seen them that run a 90,000BTU burner. Plenty big enough for a full boil. I would also go with a kitchen hood vented to the outside. If done correctly I believe it would be a great set up. I already have a natural gas furnace in the basement and I would tap off of it for my gas supply. I would have it plummed in by a professional service man. Just something I have been thinking about for the future. It would save a lot of time, and numerous trips up and down the stairs for me. Cowboy Up!!  :)

I am also planning on brewing indoors in my new brewery (+2 years away). We are going to use Propane because out in the country because there is no natural gas feed. Ventilation is a must, not only do you want to vent out the bad stuff but you also want to bring in some fresh air from somewhere to there will be a draft.

2c.

Cheers
Preston

I agree Preston. There must be fresh air circulating through the area. Are you going to use propane bottles ( 20 or 30 lb.) or do you have a large tank outside to supply your whole house with propane? I know it's not recommended to use the portable bottles inside a home. I use them now but I brew in my shop out back, with plenty of ventilation. Cowboy Up!!

We are working on closing on the land right now. The plan is to use one large tank (don't know how big yet tho). We may even have two one for the brewery/shop and one for the house.

Cheers
Preston

Back