• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cider and Mead

Poobah

Apprentice
Reaction score
I like to use Beersmith for my ciders and meads but I can only add juice by the pound. It would be nice to have gallons as a unit...

Hi,
  One concern would be the strength of the juice.  All of them are watered down, though to varying degrees so you would need to know the potential of each juice when adding it to get an accurate calculation.

However, if someone has a simple way to do this, I'm certainly willing to consider it.

Cheers,
Brad

The only way I can think of os to provide the capability for the user to input the gravity of the juice.  This would provide the best calculations imo.  I used this method for my hard apple cider is made a few years ago and had some success.  I needed to increase the OG so I added cane sugar, but could have also used candied sugar since i was trying to make this a GF brew.  Came out well.  My OG was as high as 1.090 and fermented down to 0.095 as the FG.

I got no problem putting in my own gravity as long I can do it in gallons...

Back