Brewing Topics > Brew In A Bag (BIAB)

Confused

(1/2) > >>

mr_beer:
For reasons of age, I am now focused on BIAB methods.

When I use BS and the Water tool there is an option to match a water profile.

Selecting that option, I am presented with chemical additions to match the profile.

These additions are in two areas ? Mash and Sparge.

Since BIAB has no sparge equivalent I assume that those 'sparge' chemical additions can be ignored.

Is my thinking correct??

Kevin58:
I believe there is a checkbox in either the equipment or mash profile for BIAB and full volume batches. Choosing that option will consolidate the water additions into one dose.

BOB357:
The program looks at the mash profile for water volumes and uses the strike volume for calculating mash additions and the sparge volume for boil additions. If you're doing a full volume mash, selecting "BIAB mash with full boil" will solve your problem. As in many other functions, BeerSmith requires your input.

mr_beer:
Thanks to those who took the time to reply.

Yup, there is a checkbox but when I went to edit the Mash profile there seemed no way to do that.  I can create a new profile but is edit of an existing foreclosed or did I miss something?

mr_beer:
Ignore last post -- found a way to edit the mash profile.  Sort of buried but it will work.  Addiing an EDIT option to the mash profile might be a future BS addition to be considered. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version