• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory function doesn't work

LRAT

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
I've tried to make the inventory function to work (Beersmith 3.2.7), but whatever I try it doesn't seem to make sense.
When I open an ingredient it shows me everything about that ingredient but no option to add a quantity to the inventory.
When I go to inventory I can adjust the quantity available but then in my recipes it shows up as 0.00.
Can somebody point me to a training video that explains how to use this function?
Cheers,

Luke

Hi,
  I believe from inventory view you can easily add ingredient amounts to inventory.

Brad

Yes, that's right. The problem is that it doesn't show up when you add ingredients. Sometimes it does but more often it doesn't.

It has to be an exact match or it won?t show up.

Brad

Hi, I'm only starting with Beersmith 3 so might not understand all correct. I think this shopping cart issue i have might be relating to the inventory function:
I added a Honey to the Fermentables inventory and it is showing correct in the recipy with amount and inventory amount in kg's. Any changes is also showing correct in the recipy design view. When i add it with the shopping button to the cart the inventory amount is shown as 0.00 and it shows the full amount rounded to the next whole number required.
I have other items like yeast in 5g packets also added and it is working correct.

Thanks, appreciate it if you can look into this.

I followed this up further. It does not seem to be an inventory function , but more a broken function between Recipe ingredient list not correctly transferring ingredient type over to the Shopping list.

This can be seen in the shopping list when no inventory for an item is show, when the same item dous show inventory in the recipe ingredient list.
Also, for those items not showing any stock in inventory, if you double click on the item and change the ingrediant type to the correct type and enter, the item shows the correct inventory stock.
This will work for most, but i have also a water and an orange juice i added for which i cannot get it to work at all.

So, hope this help for fixing it.

Back