• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Backing up recipes

solidute

Apprentice
Reaction score
This is possibly somewhere on here but I couldn't find it amongst the techojargon

While I'm kind of competent with computers, I'm not very smart with them...

Is there a way I can keep a USB thumb drive plugged in and it automatically backs up to that whenever a new recipe is added?

I always use an old laptop as my beersmith computer so it doesn't matter if I ruin it, but that does leave me vulnerable to losing recipes.

I know the cloud is there, but I use that for the different versions I brew and use the device storage aka my recipes for the original versions Soni always have a safe original copy

BS3 has a full backup to zip file function. (File/Full Backup to ZIP) It backs up recipes, ingredients and profiles in just a few seconds and allows you to select where you want it stored.

I don't keep my USB drive plugged in all the time but I back up on it regularly using the function BOB357 describes.

Back