• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't create Salt Addition (bug??)

dazed

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi Trying to create a new salt addition (Not sure if forgotten feature/bug??)....

While inside my recipe I'm creating go to Water Tab>Add Salts>Create New Misc>select Type and in the drop-downs there is nothing for salt.

It will let me create other things that end up in their respective tab...so whatever I create here I can not access in the salt addition area.

Thanks....I'm using the program on linux, and not the web-based one FYI.

What water salt are you trying to add?  One of the issues you may be running into is that there are only a few water agents which have been modeled for their affect on the pH of the mash. Thus the program does not recognize anything other than the ones listed as water agents for purpose of profile adjustment.

Then why have Add Salts function??

I was just trying to have my pot meta listed "here" for the chloramine removal....since it is for the water.

As Oginme stated, "there are only a few water agents which have been modeled for their affect on the pH of the mash".

You can only add an ingredient to a recipe if it's already in inventory.

You can add it to inventory by going to Ingredients/Miscellaneous, clicking on the Add Misc. icon and entering the pertinent information. When you're on the design page entering ingredients, click on the add misc. button and select it. It will then show up as an ingredient the recipe and under Water Prep on the Brewing Steps sheet.

You can certainly add it to the 'misc' inventory directly and even mark it as a 'water agent'.  This will allow you to enter it into the recipe as BOB357 stated.  What it will not do is allow you to use it as part of your water tool adjustments.

BOB357 said:
It will then show up as an ingredient the recipe and under Water Prep on the Brewing Steps sheet.

Oginme said:
You can certainly add it to the 'misc' inventory directly and even mark it as a 'water agent'.  This will allow you to enter it into the recipe as BOB357 stated.  What it will not do is allow you to use it as part of your water tool adjustments.

Thanks Guys that is what I wanted to do...have it show up in my water Prep.

I just thought adding it in the water tab would be a logical place (and again there is a create button which does nothing here, and probably doesn't belong here then) since my focus here was on "water". I guess they should call the water tab "Pick your water & Salt additions" instead.

Thanks again.

A create button in the water tab? Funny, but I've never seen that !

It is in the add water salt section of the water tab.  See attached picture with yellow highlighted section to allow the user to add a water salt to misc.  It does not work to add anything to the misc items profiles.

Attachments

• water tab.jpg
    water tab.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 206
Oginme said:
It is in the add water salt section of the water tab.  See attached picture with yellow highlighted section to allow the user to add a water salt to misc.  It does not work to add anything to the misc items profiles.

Yeah that's it...wonder why it's here then.

dazed said:
Yeah that's it...wonder why it's here then.

It may have been added with the thought to future models and the ability to add other water agents.  Sometimes it is easier to include the starting blocks of a feature than to try to shoehorn them in at a later date.

Just my thoughts as to why it is there and pure postulation. 

Back