Author Topic: Fermentation/Calendar Bug  (Read 862 times)

Offline wyphy

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Fermentation/Calendar Bug
« on: August 21, 2021, 05:02:23 PM »
Windows desktop 3.2.7

Making beer using 3 stage fermentation profile and something is bugged somewhere as it shows bottle/keg on the same day as tertiary fermentation.
My profile is :
Primary at start temp X days
Secondary 2* higher temp X days
Tertiary cold crash temp 2 days
See picture; profile is 5, 5, 2, 14 days.  Bottling should be on 2 September, not same day as cold crash

Using any other stage count reads correctly on the calendar.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Fermentation/Calendar Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 11:35:09 PM »
Thanks,
  I've had two others report this bug and it is at the top of my list to fix.  I'm thinking of putting a very minor set of fixes out with this one in a few weeks.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline wyphy

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 06:41:51 AM »
Thanks.

Offline brewfun

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Malt dust is just alcohol's glitter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 04:30:17 PM »
  I've had two others report this bug and it is at the top of my list to fix.  I'm thinking of putting a very minor set of fixes out with this one in a few weeks.

This bug has come up again, in another thread as it relates to purpose tags and reports. The start date for $TERTIARY_STEP and $BOTTLING_DATE are the same in 3 stage profiles. Which means the tertiary time is not added to the timeline before bottling in 3 step profiles.

In 4 step profiles, the $BOTTLING_DATE reflects both tertiary and bulk age times added together. There don't appear to be any purpose tags for bulk ageing start date, total time or temperature. The $AGE tag references the maturation time after bottling/kegging.

One possible workaround is to create a 4 stage profile with the bulk age at 0 days. This lets you set the tertiary to include bulk ageing days and have the bottling date correctly set to the end of that time.
Beer Appreciation is the space between pints.

modification