• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Fermentation/Calendar Bug

wyphy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Windows desktop 3.2.7

Making beer using 3 stage fermentation profile and something is bugged somewhere as it shows bottle/keg on the same day as tertiary fermentation.
My profile is :
Primary at start temp X days
Secondary 2* higher temp X days
Tertiary cold crash temp 2 days
See picture; profile is 5, 5, 2, 14 days.  Bottling should be on 2 September, not same day as cold crash

Using any other stage count reads correctly on the calendar.

Attachments

• Calendar.png
    Calendar.png
    31 KB · Views: 252
Thanks,
  I've had two others report this bug and it is at the top of my list to fix.  I'm thinking of putting a very minor set of fixes out with this one in a few weeks.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
  I've had two others report this bug and it is at the top of my list to fix.  I'm thinking of putting a very minor set of fixes out with this one in a few weeks.

This bug has come up again, in another thread as it relates to purpose tags and reports. The start date for $TERTIARY_STEP and $BOTTLING_DATE are the same in 3 stage profiles. Which means the tertiary time is not added to the timeline before bottling in 3 step profiles.

In 4 step profiles, the $BOTTLING_DATE reflects both tertiary and bulk age times added together. There don't appear to be any purpose tags for bulk ageing start date, total time or temperature. The $AGE tag references the maturation time after bottling/kegging.

One possible workaround is to create a 4 stage profile with the bulk age at 0 days. This lets you set the tertiary to include bulk ageing days and have the bottling date correctly set to the end of that time.

Thanks,
I've had two others report this bug and it is at the top of my list to fix. I'm thinking of putting a very minor set of fixes out with this one in a few weeks.

Brad
Hi everybody !

were you able to fix the problem ?
thanks a lot :)

michel

Hey Brad,
I see this still in my currently installed version (3.2.7), is there a current release with this updated or possibly in the web version you are building out now? Hoping to use the calendar in our brewhouse, but want to make sure most things are working or editable before I propose it to the boss. Thanks and cheers!

Echoing @kinger, I just installed 3.2.7 on Windows 10 and I still see the issue. It appears also to affect the $END_DATE calculation by totally skipping over the duration of $TERTIARY_STEP. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• BS3_screen.PNG
    BS3_screen.PNG
    36.4 KB · Views: 1
hi everybody,

I am always facing to the calendar bug (here for details). Could you help us dear Brad ;))

best regards,

michel
Thanks,
I've had two others report this bug and it is at the top of my list to fix. I'm thinking of putting a very minor set of fixes out with this one in a few weeks.

Brad

Hi Brad,

I have the same problem, did you find a way to fix it ? I'm with Ubuntu 23.04.

Ciao

Back