• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Family Sharing (iOS) not working

bsmo

New Forum Member
Reaction score
When I bought BeerSmith mobile on iCloud account my wife and I shared and it was our main Family Share account. I since got my own iCloud. I switched the primary iCloud account for our Family Sharing to my iCloud, but BeerSmith did not install. My wife can download on her phone, but App Store wants me to pay. Shouldn't Family Share allow me to use the app?

I just looked this up on my developer console.  The Apple developer system only supports family sharing for "in-app" purchases.  The problem is that I have no in-app purchases separate from the main app so there is no way for me to enable family sharing in the app.

Unfortunately family sharing is not active for the original app purchase, and I have no way to enable it.

Brad

So, it looks like I have to buy the app again?

You can download it again as long as the devices are tied to the same IOS account.  For example I have my iPad and phone tied to one iTunes account.

Unfortunately I have no control over licensing which is managed entirely by the Apple store.  They manage the license and also the family sharing program.

Brad

Back