• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How do I change the number in the # column to sort a item differently

scottcaylor

New Forum Member
Reaction score
when you select an item in theuyeast list the only. sort options you have is to select use in secondary or leave it blank. Either way it puts the yeast in the list after boil.  In my case I am making a kettle sour and I want the bacteria blend (which is found in yeast ingredients) to have a number that puts it after mash and before boil.  The is no way I can see to let beer smith know I am doing a kettle sour and want the bacteria to be added before the boil.

Please advise on how I can manually change the number that shows u p in the # column to give my the right sort.

Thanks and happy brewing

The only thing I can think of would be to enter into the Misc. data base instead of yeast, and put it into the recipe as being a mash addition. Other than that, there's always the notes section.

Thanks!  I put a note in the notes section, but we should be able to change the # so we can sort however we want.

Back