• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

really mad... all my recipes disappeared

neckemoff

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to hate this software! In the past, sometimes recipes disappear for whatever reason (I suspect because I leave computer open and it auto shuts down for windows update) and I had to restore from backup. First of all, this is unacceptable software design to have 'data loss.'

Just now I discovered it happened AGAIN, but this time I don't see anything in backups. Only my last recipe I made is in the backup, but everything else is gone. Problem is I haven't made any beer recently to discover this and I think the backups 'rolled off.' SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?

WTF...one of the primary uses for the software is to recipes and having them disappear all the time is makes this UNUSABLE and junk. Imagine you had a bank account where some your money disappeared sometimes.

Can't believe I've been paying for this junk...

This problem was pretty much solved with one of the later updates to BS3. It also had a Full Backup to Zip feature that allows you to backup all of your user files to a location you designate with just a few clicks. If you don't keep your software updated, you can't expect to see and utilize any fixes.

Can you make sure you have the latest update?  Most issues are related to running the older version.

If that fails please write me a note via email to beersmith at beersmith.com and I can help you if you have a more severe problem like a corrupt file or permissions issue.

Brad

Back