• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Custom Inventory Items?

randi

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've created custom items for a few malts and yeasts that are not in the system, but I can't seem to figure out how to add them to my inventory. I can add them to my shopping list, but then they won't add to inventory. How can I go about this? I have several malts and yeasts that I don't want to lose track of.

Thanks,

Randi

To check, you have added the malts to the 'Fermentables' and the yeast to the 'Yeast' ingredients profiles?

Assuming this to be the case, open the list of ingredients by type.  So for the malts, open up the fermentables ingredient profiles.  Now, find your added fermentable (malt).  Double click to open up the profile for this ingredient.  Under the Amount column, there is a place to enter the amount you have on hand and the price if you track that.

Click 'OK' and it should be saved.

Thanks for the reply.

I added the yeast and fermentable from the recipe I was working on.

So, Add Fermentable > Create New Fermentable > Ok
and so on with the Yeast.

They show up in the recipe just fine. Is there a different way to add them to be able to get them in inventory?

Attachments

• 2022-01-05 11_49_58-Add Yeast.png
    2022-01-05 11_49_58-Add Yeast.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 2022-01-05 11_50_50-BeerSmith 3.png
    2022-01-05 11_50_50-BeerSmith 3.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 119
Hmmm, that should take you directly to the ingredient profile library.  If from the top menu bar you open, 'ingredients' > 'fermentables' > the search for the name of your malt, does it come up?

No, nothing shows up in the list of fermentables under inventory. See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• 2022-01-05 13_32_37-.png
    2022-01-05 13_32_37-.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 2022-01-05 13_33_34-Fermentables.png
    2022-01-05 13_33_34-Fermentables.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 2022-01-05 13_34_22-BeerSmith 3.png
    2022-01-05 13_34_22-BeerSmith 3.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 123
I am having the same problem.  Unable to add an item and have it show up in the inventory for future use.

When I add a new ingredient I always go to the Ingredients tab then to the sub tab I want to use... Let's use Fermentables for example... and instead of creating the ingredient from scratch I find a similar ingredient to start with and copy and paste it. Open it, make all the changes I need to make then add an amount in the Inventory box and click Add. The new ingredient will appear in my inventory with the amount that was input.

It sounds like OP may not have entered any inventory amount and has "show only items in inventory" checked. Once added, everything in the category should show when that box is unchecked.

Back