• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

cane sugar?

jeddog

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm just entering a recipe for a Coopers Pale Ale Clone into Beersmith.  The recipe requires cane sugar and i can't seem to find it in Beersmith.

can someone help please me set up Cane sugar as an item

3.5 kg                 JWM Export Pilsner
0.65 kg           Cane Sugar
0.2 kg           JWM Wheat Malt
0.03 kg           JWM Dark Crystal
28 g                  Pride of Ringwood (Flowers, 9.0 AA%, 60 mins)
1000 ml         Coopers - Cooper Ale
1 tablet         Whirfloc

regards Jeddog

It is in Grains and Extracts, listed as Sugar, Table (Sucrose) and also as Cane (Beet) Sugar.  This first one is probably best for US white sugar. 

Once you find it, double-click it and rename it to suit you.

Thanks MaltLicker

it seems i have deleted all the grain and extract on my list only leaving those that i use..must try to restore Grain and extract inventory

jeddog

In Recipe View, when picking ingredients with the "Add" buttons, there is a check-box to "Only show in-stock items" down at the bottom.

This helps reduce the clutter and limits you to what you use (assuming you have it onhand), but keeps everything in the Inventory Master list for later use if needed.  This is esp. helpful if you load the additional Maltsters items such as Dingemans, Briess, Weyermann, etc. b/c the inventory then has so many equivalent items. 

Back