• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

AIO BY Delta MFg.

BILLY BREW

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this All IN One unit. Looks good and I wanted to get an electric so I could brew more easily in winter.

I don't have experience with that particular model but I just brewed for the first time on my new Anvil Foundry 10.5 yesterday. My first impression is that trying to brew on 110v sucks.

The Foundry has a delay timer so you can set it to begin heating strike water a couple of hours before you plan to start brewing. If the Delta doesn't have that feature plan on waiting 1.5 to 2 hours just to reach strike temp. The boil using 110v is anemic at best. Another reason I chose  the Foundry is that it can be switched between both 120v and 240v. I plan on having an electrician come out and install a GFCI circuit asap.

Another drawback for me will be the capacity. It is rare that I brew a beer below 1.060 which is what I brewed yesterday. I used 13# of grain and nearly maxed out the kettle doing a full volume mash. I have heard of brewers using up to 19# grain bills using a thicker mash and a sparge. Like you however I did only get this AIO to extend my brewing season through the winter so I resigned myself to the limitations.

The positives I found are: the compactness of the unit. I brewed in my laundry room which is barely big enough to fit a washer, dryer and utility sink with no problems. Other than the time it took to learn the control panel the learning curve was very small. Clean up is quick and easy except for figuring out how to dispose of 13# of grain in the dead of winter. When finished everything stores easily in the main kettle and tucks away in the back of a closet.

Tips: If you are young and strong then you will probably be able to lift the mash basket without much trouble. But if you are my age then go to the hardware or home center and buy a ratcheting pulley. I'm glad I did that before my first brew day or I would never have been able to lift that basket by myself. When you pull the basket set your unit to boil right away and let it ramp up while the basket is draining. Tom Petty was right... the waiting is the hardest part.

Kevin,
Thanks for the insight, brother! Great info and as I am meeting with the owner, I can broach these topics with some authority.
Appreciate the quick response as well.
I owe you a beer when you come to Downers Grove IL.

Back