• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer XML Tags for desktop Beersmith 3

lelo

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am working on updating my custom reports and I'm looking for the Beer XML Tags for the "Tot Mash Water" parameter on the Vols tab.

Anyone have an updated beerxml reference specific for Beersmith ?

Thanks,

I think the tag is $TOTAL_WATER for both mash and sparge. The Mash water volume is embedded in $MASH_STEPS and $MASH.MASH_STEPS and doesn't have a summary tag, afaik.

...one other question...

Why the Tag "$DISPLAY_AGE_END_TEMP" work on your Fermentation.htm report, but not work in report like Brewsheet.htm or NewRecipe.htm?
Could confirm me that all the Tag on your internal report not work in report like Brewsheet.htm or NewRecipe.htm?

Thanks

Lelo

lelo said:
Why the Tag "$DISPLAY_AGE_END_TEMP" work on your Fermentation.htm report, but not work in report like Brewsheet.htm or NewRecipe.htm?

I don't think that's a valid tag. The $DIPLAY_AGE_TEMP is valid, but shows the starting temperature for that step. There is an associated bug that the start date for $TERTIARY_STEP and $BOTTLING_DATE are the same. Which means the tertiary time is not added to the timeline before bottling in 3 step profiles.

EDIT: In 4 step profiles, the $BOTTLING_DATE reflects both tertiary and bulk age times added together. Tough luck displaying the bulk ageing, though. There don't appear to be any purpose tags for bulk ageing start date, total time or temperature. The $AGE tag references the maturation time after bottling/kegging.

One possible workaround is to create a 4 stage profile with the bulk age at 0 days. This lets you set the tertiary to include bulk ageing days and have the bottling date correctly set to the end of that time.

This bug was reported in August 2021 with Brad saying he was prioritizing a patch. I have no idea what the status of that patch is.

Back