• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

MacOS Another Copy May Be Running

2ndfloor

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know this issue has been mentioned before but hoping someone has a Mac specific solution.

I'm trying to support a client whose running Beersmith 3 and is getting the another copy may be running message.

I've seen all the messages about manually clearing the lock in Windows but I'm not seeing a way to do it on Mac.

The most common reason is that the user left Beersmith open on their computer. If the computer then shuts off for any reason... an update was automatically run overnight... timed shut down etc. then several processes that Beersmith uses do not get closed properly. Always exit Beersmith through the menu when you are finished. The most recent version of BS3 came with fixes for this issue so installing that may be a good idea.

Are there any options for how to clear this issue right now?

We've tried reinstalling etc. but we're still unable to use the software.

Try clicking on "close Beersmith" when the message pops up, and then reopen, ignoring the message.

Back