• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Reports to obtain average data from previous recipes

bougie1st

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Is there a way to generate a report to allow adjustments to profiles based on previous recipes?

For example, say I want a list of all the boil off values that I have measured on previous recipes, to allow me to make a more accurate estimate in the equipment profile? I individually adjust the boil off by going into the recipe's equipment profile and changing it there based on measurements at boiling temp at beginning and end of boil.

Other examples - brew house efficiency, trub loss, etc - basically anything that is measured in BS3

From what I can see of the help data with the reports, it is more for individual recipes, rather than an overall report to generate measured data (or estimated to allow comparisons).  If there is something else, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

You are correct in that every recipe is an individual file.  Right now, the program does not have the capability to aggregate the data from multiple recipes in order to create a report. I've suggested for the past several years that each recipe include the calculations for grain absorption and boil off rate to make it easier for users to identify where issues exist in their present profiles or aid in dialing in their profile for new equipment/process changes.  This could feed right into a report such as you are looking for.

Back