• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory Amounts

corysanftleben

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the inventory amounts rather than the amount it sets it to such as changing clarity ferm to ml rather than items?

Yeah. Just go to Ingredients, Misc, open Clarity Ferm.  You can edit the Amount and measurement of choice.

I know you can do that with the recipes but when I try to do that in the inventory section it defaults and won't allow me to change.

Are you using BeerSmith Desktop or Web?  I tried the suggestion to edit the Clarity Ferm record to ml.  I then created a new recipe and when I added Clarity Ferm, the units were in ml.  If you are using Web, you have to create a Custom Copy of the Ingredient.  Note that changing an Ingredient record will not change any recipes that already contain that ingredient.

The changing the ingredient in the ingredient tab changed the default for the inventory tab.  Thank you

Back