• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hi from Colorado

ChrisinEstes

Apprentice
Reaction score
Northern Colorado mountains here... This is my 3rd stint at home brewing, and the 2nd using BeerSmith. I'd be lost without it! ;D

Welcome. First thing to do using Beersmith is create a custom equipment profile. Even if you find your system in the list of provided profiles those are just starting points for creating your own. Everyone's process is different so it is highly likely that no two people using the same equipment will get the same result. If you don't then you are opening yourself up to frustrating brew days wondering why your gravity or your volume was off.

Hello. ChrisinEstes ! Hope that you are enjoying the wonderful world of beer. Northern Colorado has a few strong Homebrew Clubs with many talented brewers. I found that meeting and talking with these people helped me immensely when I first started out. The Colorado craft & homebrewing community is nothing short of AWESOME ! Lotsa great people & great beers to share. Cheers ! Marco Olivo

Very happy to have you - Northern Colorado is a beautiful place!

Thank You ! I just realized that ChrisinEstes isn't actually a full name, but is Chris in Estes Park. That's funny to me because I'm in Estes Park on my day off, today !

I've been using Beersmith for decades, and I don't know what I would do without it. I'm also a big fan of the newsletter & podcasts.
Thankl You, Dr, Brad Smith for providing such AWESOME tools and such for ALL to share.

Back