• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipes from the Inventory

tummler

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi! First time posting so I apologize if I'm doing it in the wrong place!

I'm wondering if there's a way to ask BeerSmith to point out which of my recipes can be made with the ingredients I have in my inventory. Let's say that I have Hallertau in my inventory and some Vienna and Munich, can BeerSmith tell me that I could use those ingredients to brew my Vienna, Oktoberfest or Munich lager recipes for example? (This is just an example, let's not get caught up in accuracy or lack of of it).

Thanks in advance for the help!

No but it can make it easier. When you're adding ingredients to a recipe and click on any of the "add" buttons for ingredients, click the "Show only items in inventory when the list pops up. This will allow you to see only what you have and how much without going through an exhaustive list of ingredients.

Thanks!
I've done what you are pointing out and actually that's when I started thinking that the software could made suggestions on what to make according to what's available in the inventory.
Maybe an new thing to have on BeerSmith 4

Cheers!

Back