• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe to Inventory

--colin--

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to add ingredients directly from a recipe to inventory?  I have some kits and would like to add them to inventory in a singe step. I've found that I can select each ingredient and save it and then add it to inventory.  It would be quicker to add all the recipe ingredients directly to inventory. I'm very new to the software and the forums so perhaps this is a redundant question.

Regards,
--Colin--

It can be done in 2 steps. You can add all the items from your recipe to the shopping cart by pushing the Add to Cart button on the ribbon while viewing the recipe. Then, when viewing the shopping cart, select a set of items and push the Add to Inventory button on the ribbon. The selected items will be added to the inventory.

You can remove all the items in a recipe from inventory with a single button on the ribbon. Unfortunately there is no indication that you have done this and you might accidentally remove items twice. I add an item to the mash on every recipe called "Inventory Flag". When I remove the recipe items from inventory I delete that item from the recipe so I won't remove from inventory again.

--GF

I hadn't used the "cart" function until now. Thanks very much - makes a lot of sense.

Back