• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Web Adding Inventory Notes

timothy4

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is is possible to ad Notes to Inventory items on beerSmith Web such as Best Before Dates etc.?

Yes. The pane for each product allows you to enter all the vitals as well as notes, just like the desktop version.

Thanks, I can only add notes when viewing ingredients from within my recipe (BeerSmith Web) but not within the Inventory itself

I apologize - thought someone had addressed it above. I don't have inventory specific notes as the current system is not transactional. The existing inventory system simply adjusts the balances as you increase or decrease inventory so there's really no specific place to store notes.

I do want to develop a transactional inventory system in the future but it is a fairly large project.

I assumed the "notes" the OP was referring to were descriptive of the product, not quantity related. Sorry if my assumption was incorrect.

Not sure - perhaps he can clarify. Also since the web based version is stored in a slightly different way it may be possible to add notes or date fields to individual inventory items if that his is intent?

Wondering if the reason I've been able to add and edit notes is because I transferred the inventory items from the desktop version. This works when I open the web version on my laptop or tablet.

You can add notes to individual ingredient entries, but I think the original poster wanted to be able to add/access notes from the inventory view itself.

Thanks Brad. That makes sense now.
Thanks, I can only add notes when viewing ingredients from within my recipe (BeerSmith Web) but not within the Inventory itself
Sorry Timothy. I misunderstood and thought you were trying to add notes to items in the ingredient list.

Thank you all for the above. I was trying to add descriptive information to items in the inventory view itself such as color of grains, IBU of hops etc. so that I could see this information in the inventory view when formulating a recipe before adding to the recipe itself; that would be really useful functionality but is easy for me to say as I am not a software developer!

Thanks - I will add this to my "to do" list. I believe for the web version it could be added to the inventory record that records balances easily so it can be viewed/edited from inventory view.

Back