• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Extract options for recipes

H

historian

Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I'm new to the software and don't see this on the forums.
I was entering info on a recipe I've already brewed (a Belgian style Dubbel) and in it I used a can of Munson's Extra Light Malt Extract (in addition to other extracts of course).  It was a syrup, but when i tried to enter the recipe into Beersmith there seems to only be a powder for extra light.  Am I missing something simple?  Is there an easy way to add extract types if it isn't there?

Simple --- open the Grains + Extracts view --- click on an extract that is similar -- now right click with your mouse and choose Copy -- now right click again and choose Paste. This will create a "new" extract called  "Copy of blah" where blah is the extract you chose. Double click on the copy - change the name and any of the relevant values ---- you've just created a new entry

Back