• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

scaled up recip, different IBU's

W

wbc_leelee

Hi Brad
Can you tell my why my IBU's seem to double when I use the scale recipe feature. I have scaled a recipe from 20 lt to 40 lt. The hops ibu started at 24 and after scale up changed to 40, also when I scale back down to 20 lt the hop amounts have changed and my ibu,s are higher than they originally were. All the other parameters, ie colour, SG, FG so on seem to be ok.
Regards
Andrew

Andrew,

I just ran a series of tests based on your input - it appears there is a bug that I was unaware of until now (in fact I thought I had fixed it in the last update).

It appears if you run scale recipe from within an open recipe that the "boil volume" is not getting automatically scaled as you change the volume of the wort (i.e. when the "Fix boil volume based on equipment" is set.

There is an easy work-around.  Make sure the boil volume is manually set correctly for the new batch before you press OK.  

Also - it seems to work OK if you actually change the equipment profile from one set of equipment to another.

I will certainly fix this for the next release - it appears to be an oversight in not updating the boil volume as the batch volume changes.

Cheers!
Brad

Thanks Brad,
The workaround worked great no problems now.
Regards
Andrew
P.S When do think the next release will be.

Andrew,
 I'm shooting for sometime around late Spring or early Summer.

The largest change in the next version is support for lots of new report formats - including XML, plain text and HTML.  These have been a lot of work to implement, and I still have some distance to go.  You can even create custom reports based on a new XML document I'm hoping to publish shortly.

Cheers!
Brad

Cool bananas Brad, sounds like you've got your head down and bum up hard at work. Look forward to the results.
Way to go.
Regards
Andrew

Back