• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

That's right,,, A beer themed tattoo

tommiwommi

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I'm a tattooer myself (8 years professionally)
  I have very heavy coverage (very heavy! lol)  I have been planning a new one for the last year or so (I have been fully covered on my arms, chest, stomach, legs (mid thigh to feet) Butt cheeks (That needed a homebrew for sure, lol, it hurt like crazy, (I'm saving my ribs for a huge Munsters scene on one side and have no plans for the other side yet)
But anyways, I have most of my back finished but I'm such a fan of beers and brewing, I have been wanting to cap off my lower back with hops and barley. I'll have to post a photo of the scetch on here when I get a chance.
I want to do something very similar to the hops and barley on a Sierra Nevada bottle label, I like the idea and I have drank that pale ale for years and have been thinking about it for years.

I was just wondering the opinions of folks from the forum, I'd like to hear different opinions on here, It'll happen reguardless, Conversation starter I suppose,
                                            tom

Sounds like a cool idea!
You could maybe do a Homebrew seen with an immersion chiller and a kettle with hops and barley flowing out of it, maybe? Just a thought.

Do you do any of the LiveFast shows? We may have met and did not know it!

Cheers
Preston

yep - got a few tats - mainly commemorating various life encounters or interests

- couple of sea turtle tats for my love of snorkeling in Hawaii

- cancer diagnosis required a tat

- finally getting my Harley .... arm band tat - red-white-blue shield with ring of smiling skulls --- natch'

- burning out as design engineer / corporate road warrior required a tat ...  F*ck-that-sh*t

But a brewing tat could be cool  --- could do the whole Sumarian beer making goddess -- tastefully of course

As they say ... so much skin and so little time

No, I haven't done any of the LiveFast outings Preston, I mainly do the same conventions every year now, Greensboro NC (august), Richmond VA (november), Pittsburg (october), MountainFest motorcyle festival WV (July), That's all I prefer to handle besides being in the shop 40-60 hours a week,  We were gonna go back out to California to do that "Musink" Kat Von D. convention again, But she sold her rights to someone else for the show and it got too expensive to travel that far.
I have the design drawn up for myself, Now it's just a matter of making time to do it, lol, When I get it I'll try to post photos or put up a link

I have mulled tattos a 100X. I always fail to commit to something. 

I love the really awesome charactures kat does.  I was stuck behind a lady at the 100 year harley fest (after getting engaged) who had baby photos that were just beautiful.

No HD tats until we finally buy our scoots.  A good friend had a great mointain bike chainwheel I loved too, but I'm pretty sure it is taboo to just get a copycat.  That beer godess would be cool to.  Kats first season artist, hannahs shop was down the street from me

That is a great idea. I am new to brewing so a beer themed tat is probably a bit pre mature, plus I have to finish my back piece.

Have a soldier kneelinig down just below the bottom of my neck, large angel wings coming off of him and down my back,. between the wings is the military "boots, rifle and helmet " just below the soldier...

He is fully done. The rest is just outlined. Looking at doing a few more hours for my fathers day present. (hopefully). I figure I have about 8 more hours left.

also got alot on my right arm (3 seperate pieces) and some work on my chest and legs...

You in NC? I am always looking for different people to do work.

Nice thread! At the moment I don't have any tattoos, but I plan to get some. I'm not sure if it should be beer related or not... but it should be something with a meaning for me.  I'm quite unsure what it should be, but I know that I want it on my shoulders!

Back