• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Updating yeast choices

N

NE-Brewer

I'm a new BeerSmith user... test driving the 21 day free trial... still on day 5.

I'm very impressed so far and will "purchase" it shortly.

In the process of entering some of my recipes I attempted to enter Safale US-05 yeast (which has been out for over 2 years). It was not in the database of choices.

Is there a process whereby new things, like yeast, are automatically updated? Or, do I need to add these things manually on a one-by-one basis?

Thanks

The Safale/Safbrew brands of yeast are listed under DCL Yeast in the yeast list. 

S0-5 is listed as SafAle American.

Hi MaltLicker...

I'm sorry, I still don't see it. The downloaded trial version I have has 04,33,58,97,189, and 23 but no 05 (aka 56?).

I looked at the website's support section under yeast downloads and don't see it there either.

What am I missing?

Thanks....

I have seven entries under "DCL Yeast" when sorted by "Lab" including this one for S-05.  I may have renamed this from s-56, but I don't believe I ever added it to the standard library.  This attenuation number of 70% seems low for S-05, IMO. 

SafAle American
DCL Yeast
S-05

Type: Ale
Form: Dry
Attenuation: 70.00 %
Min Temperature: 65.0 F
Flocculation: Medium Max Temperature: 70.0 F
Size: 50 ml  Times Cultured: 0 
Add To Secondary: FALSE  Max Reuse: 5 
Inventory: 0 Pkgs   
Best For: 
Notes: 

I don't think this has been added to the default yeast list yet.

Under Yeasts, sort by the first column "Labs"..........you don't have seven entries under DCL Yeast?

Attachments

• Yeasts.png
    Yeasts.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 619
Here you go.  ;D

Cheers
Preston

Attachments

• yeast.bsm
    1 KB · Views: 711
Back