• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

wyeast #1762

nubru

Apprentice
Reaction score
new bru here have a question my liquid yeast smack pac didnt swell much after 5 hrs pitched it anyway mistake? been 11 hrs still nothing happening primary in a tub of water @70+-2degrees any suggestions like pitch a dry yeast over it or wait

nubru said:
new bru here have a question my liquid yeast smack pac didnt swell much after 5 hrs pitched it anyway mistake? been 11 hrs still nothing happening primary in a tub of water @70+-2degrees any suggestions like pitch a dry yeast over it or wait
If it swelled some, then there is some live yeast in there. I would say wait 24hrs, you should see activity. If nothing by 48 hours, you could hydrate a packet of yeast and pitch it in there.

Cheers
Preston

Thanks Preston after 28 hrs it started working very slowly I am only on my tenth batch and never encountered this before needless to say at the price of ingredients it would be a shame to water the garden with it. 

Check the date and make sure you do not have a outdated pack. It has happened to me and some of those strains are very touche. If it was the date, then weather it works or not take it back to the person you purchased it from and attempt to get a refund. They make enough on the yeast to make it right with you eather way.

+1 for take it back if it is out of date. Yeast can make up 1/3 the cost of your beer!

Cheers
Preston

Im greatful for your input ,checked the date 5-5-09 dont believe thats old it was way less than half the price of the batch my first attempt at a Belgian specialty ale starting to smell good hope it continues that way.Should have read through the forum lots of great information will keep reading the posts so maby I wont panic next time, thanks again for everyones help.

Back