Author Topic: Beer Tasting Terms  (Read 3882 times)

Offline MaltLicker

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
    • Blue Ribbon Brews
Beer Tasting Terms
« on: August 03, 2009, 08:30:13 PM »
http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/beer-tasting-terms/

Passing this along.  The BJCP once had a vocabulary page on their site but it vanished. 

Offline UselessBrewing

• Useless Brewing
    • Useless Brewing
Re: Beer Tasting Terms
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 06:37:25 AM »
I use to frequent Brookstone's blog quite a bit, but have not in a while. Thanks for sharing that!

Cheers

Preston
The woodpecker pecks, Not to annoy, But to survive!

Offline SleepySamSlim

• Barley Engineer
Re: Beer Tasting Terms
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 01:34:37 AM »
Very good - lots of fun definitions and terms. I'll have to print this out. We'll have some friends or family visiting and we'll have a very informal beer tasting session that we call - What the Hell Am I Drinking ?

We'll get some new or unusual off the shelf brews and mix in some home brews. I'll wrap the bottle in a dish towel and everyone gets a few ounces to taste. Then everyone gives their blunt opinion / comments on after taste - smooth - bitter (front - mid - of back of mouth) - etc. And a guess about the the beer type. Rinse the glasses with some water and go again.

This is a good way to introduce people to the wide range of flavors - textures - types of beer and compare home brew to off the shelf. Sometimes as an honesty check I'll pour a sample of a home brew thats not fully conditioned - or just a crappy beer. Lots of fun and laughs ...
Some people tell you the old walkin' blues ain't bad
Worst old feelin' that I've ever had ...
-Robert Johnson