• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer Tasting Terms

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/beer-tasting-terms/

Passing this along.  The BJCP once had a vocabulary page on their site but it vanished. 

I use to frequent Brookstone's blog quite a bit, but have not in a while. Thanks for sharing that!

Cheers

Preston

Very good - lots of fun definitions and terms. I'll have to print this out. We'll have some friends or family visiting and we'll have a very informal beer tasting session that we call - What the Hell Am I Drinking ?

We'll get some new or unusual off the shelf brews and mix in some home brews. I'll wrap the bottle in a dish towel and everyone gets a few ounces to taste. Then everyone gives their blunt opinion / comments on after taste - smooth - bitter (front - mid - of back of mouth) - etc. And a guess about the the beer type. Rinse the glasses with some water and go again.

This is a good way to introduce people to the wide range of flavors - textures - types of beer and compare home brew to off the shelf. Sometimes as an honesty check I'll pour a sample of a home brew thats not fully conditioned - or just a crappy beer. Lots of fun and laughs ...

Back