Author Topic: Empty ingredients textbox in Windows 7  (Read 5468 times)

abjones

Empty ingredients textbox in Windows 7
« on: August 05, 2009, 05:04:26 PM »
I've been trying out Beersmith 1.4 (build 038) in Windows 7 RC (32 bit), and I'm having an issue where the ingredients textbox on the recipe form is blank (i.e. not showing the ingredients).  Same issue for existing recipes and for new ones.  Anyone else having this issue?  I saw another post (different list, I think) where some folks were using the 64 bit RC with no issues.  Not sure if that's significant.

This is my last showstopper for moving from XP (so tired of it) to Win7 (really like it so far), so I'm hoping I can figure it out!!

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Empty ingredients textbox in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 05:54:12 PM »
Hi,
  In most cases this is caused by a corrupt "newopts14.opts" file - if you do a search you will find several posts on this problem.  Deleting the file usually fixes it, though in the case of Vista and Windows 7 you may need to go to a special "compatability" directory to get to it due to the way they handle limited users.  Check the following if this case applies:
    http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=2299.0

Cheers,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

abjones

Re: Empty ingredients textbox in Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 06:44:17 PM »
Yes!  That fixed it!  Sorry I didn't see the other post first, but I was searching for "Windows 7"...didn't even think to search for Vista.

You da man!