• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mashing - problem

scaryeyes

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have a problem... Im gonna set a black beer now and its extract or part mash. How can I mash the small ammount of black and chocolate malt here? Just keep in a pot on the stove for an hour and let it drip off? And then put some more hot water on it. I intend to keep it in an old nylon sock.
Then continue as ordinary extract brewing.... please comment and fast. I need to start soon
Thanks

Hopefully if you brewed this already it went well. Yes just put it in a pot on the stove for an hour at 155 and let it steep. Then rinse with more water. Then boil as normal.

Cheers
Preston

Yea I did like that. It went very well. It took all nite... my wife didnt like the smell of boiling hops when she woke up at 4.30 in the morning... he he :D
This is my first attempt to do something else than coopers lager and pils.... (but they have been very very successful, and I didnt had a chance to age them yet...)

Is it any problem if there are small pieces of hops left in the vort? I couldnt get all out. Will it sink or float when the fermentation is completed? I have some winefilter equipment, so in worst case Ill use that

That wont be a problem. It will settle out in the primary with no problem.

Best of luck!

Cheers
Preston

Thanks. Then its just to wait now.

BTW... I used half a package of the cheap wine yeast for the cider. This is trying to take over... but my wife forbids me to have more brews at the same time in the kitchen. But im gonna plan for next brew...
Have seen any good Corona clone? I need to brew one for my mexican wife. he he

Back