• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Special request about musclecars....

scaryeyes

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I had a welcome post here. Ans a little request about what Im doin besides brewing beer....

First, my every day car. Trans am -94. Working on an Eaton blower to fit on a remanufactured intake manifold.
Just a streetracer. Even the hood is gonna be replaced. Carbon fiber ram air hood. I do everything by myself here.

building the clay model

Inner frame is cast. 50/50 carbon fiber and kevlar.

The dye dor the hood skin i soon finished. Then its gonna be only black carbon fiber and clear topcoat.

And my other project is a T-23 bucket. Very low (2.7 inches ground clearence) Pontiac 455 (461) roller cam and later kaufmann cyl heds. Th 350 tran, bith some goodies. Full width 12 rear axle and fit for 33"x21" slicks

Thats some of my stuff..... And yes, we do dragrace in sweden!!! ;D

Very Nice! I'm sure it is fun to drive even without the blower!

Im a big fan of doit yourself stuff.
My toy is a 65 Chevy II SS with 4' of rubber under the rear. With a very long shopping list of speed parts which cost several large bags of money :)
carcrazy2_rad5299_large.jpg

Im a big fan of doit yourself stuff. the only thing I did not do myself is the paint. I can do it but I would never be happy with it, so I paid for that.
This was a test fit, I stuffed a pump gas 427 small block in it with an 871 Dyers blower (10lb boost). We were going to turn the wick up to see what it would make at 20, but the guys at the speed shop talked me out of it. I wanted that 1k number pretty bad! :) Just wasn't meant to be!
carcrazy_radDC94_large.jpg

I did not like the red so I pulled it out and repainted it black
carcrazy2_rad3638_large.jpg

It put down 940hp at the wheels and almost 1100lb torque (Yes it's pump gas, Premium, but still pump gas). We took it to the track to see what it wold run. It ran a very low 9 first hit out.
after an afternoon of adjusting, it was a solid high 8 car.
I was out playing with it one Friday night and I am now a proud owner of a very expensive paper clip holder
carcrazy2_rad3639_large.jpg

So it obviously wants more money from me, which I am not willing to spend at the moment. So in the garage it waits...  :(

Other projects include my Wife's 57 Chevy truck
carcrazy_rad42A6_large.jpg

That I just finished putting a 283 with an AFB Carter and a glide. It has been in the family since it was new.
I also own a 29 2 door sedan. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it. At the moment.

Anyhow thanks for sharing!

Very nice! Like that car a lot!
We even have other intreting stuff in our garage,
My friends have a..... well... used to be a -69 camaro.
With a Rodeck solid aluminium 495 cui 2163 Hp 2393 Nm turbo charged methanol
4.609 sek 254 Km/h pÃ¥ 1/8 mile  MECA Raceway Malmoe 2009
7.45 sek 300 Km/h pÃ¥ 1/4 mile  on Mantorp 2008

By the way.
My trans am is completely stock. Im gonna run with the blower with stock compression on E85. Maybe I can reach 425 - 450 hp with a fine tune on a dyno. I know some people who just installed a brand new dyno, the most modern in scandinavia. But time..... all takes time!

Time and Large bags of money  ;D

I love dyno Day's!
We were watching a friend make some pulls on the dyno when I snapped these. Big HP can be scarry!
carcrazy2_rad52A1_large.jpg

carcrazy2_rad52A2_large.jpg

The first hit was over 1800, but the turbos only spooled 16lb boost. We found that it was leaning out by 2 points on some of the cylinders. Once we fixed everything and got it playing nice, it put down 2100 hp at 20 lb boost. He is working on his license so we left it at that. Once he get's his license we will turn it up and see what it will make!
I believe it is a dart 377 which is 4 1/8 bore, 3.75 stroke which is what I'm basing my destroked Motown on. It wont be this monster, but I should be bullet proof. For a while at least :)

Cheers
Preston

Very nice!
I have a plan too for the future. Maybe im gonna build a sportscar like that koenigsegg. Carbon fiber body and chrome moly chassis. Just to use on streets and maybe some racing, like Nürnberg ring. Then use a very short stroke engine and very high rpm. Based on LSx. Bullet proof with double blowers. Lysholm are swedich konstructions and very effective.
I sometimes work with a guy who build race cars. And we discussed to build ferarri 550´s. He has one that he is modyfing and he gonna sell packages like that.
Well... thats a future plan.
First there is another one. I once had a pontiac lemans -68 and Iim gonna build one again. But modern with handling and power. Maybe new chassis and composite body. Its too bad its so expensive to ship a car here from the states.

This one is a must have!!!

http://www.57classicchevy.com/789-chevy.html

how about posting whatever it is here....all i see is something trying to get me to join facebook......

So cool creations. All are amazing, specially AFB Carter looks stunning.
Hey UselessBrewing , does you made some changes in your 871 Dyers blower rather than painting only? It looks quite different.

Back