• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My Favorite

DVDaniels

Brewer
Reaction score
I just got done bottling this and what an awesome beer. This turned out very dry but I have not had anything better. I got this recipe from a friend and let me tell you it is like a birthday present.

First off the grain bill is pretty big and you need a good size mash tun.

If someone tries it please let me know how yours turns out.

One other thing. My LHBS did not have the Wyeast and substituted White Labs Super High Gravity Ale Yeast WLP099. I let it go in the primary for 2 weeks and it never stopped bubbling from the airlock (Yeah cardinal sin watching bubbles I know)

Attachments

• ScaldisNoelClone.bsm
    13.7 KB · Views: 299
Ok testing this almost 2 months in it is getting even better. I tried a bottle a couple weeks after bottling bottling but it was not carbonated and way too sweet. It seems like it takening an awful long time to carbonate. I used the Cooper carbonation drops and wondering if I should veer away from them and stick to the plain priming sugar. Anyone have feedback on that or am I getting too impatient?

I bulk prime the batch in the bottling bucket with CS.  I think it is much easier to "dose" the beer to the carb level I want in this fashion, compared to the gray-area between 3 tabs or 4.  Plus, the sugar is already melted and in solution, versus in a tab that needs to dissolve and is sitting at the bottom of the bottle, unless shaken up into solution. 

Thanks that helped me very much. I thought the drops were a great idea at first but the more I try with them, the less I think they work. I tried using the Muntons but now have "floaties" in those bottles. That annoys me too since that was a batch of excellent Golden Monkey clone. 4 weeks in and it is sweet, very little carbonation, and floating chunks of some mass. Not yeast either.

Thanks again,
Dave

Back