• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer Boxes

mterm

Brewer
Reaction score
Has anyone come across a website in the US were I could buy plastic stackable case boxes. The cardboard ones that come with a case of bottles don't last long. I am finding them difficult to find. Most site are importers that want you to buy large quanities.

Thanks,
Mark

I've used stack-able milk crates before and you can larger ones like the kind used for soda bottles.

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/cwbylover01/items/Coca_Cola_Bottling_Crates_15_x_11_25_x_5_5_Plastic

Or do a search for Cola bottling crates.

I use used bottles and boxes.  The sam adams 12ers last a few go arounds.  Some twist top brews have reusable boxes like lienenkugels.  I try to avoid buying bottles and will move to kegging once finances allow.

In a pinch try 4 6-packs in a paper box from the office, not perfect (there is a little extra room), but it does work.

The only place I've seen plastic beer containers is in Germany ... of course beer is a serious thing there. I think that was mostly for bottles about the size of our 22oz ones. You buy 12 big bottles in a returnable plastic carry case.

Now thats how you sell beer

Several wisconsin breweries had great cardboard boxes.  I think there was even a deposit on them in college.  I have a huber bock case I use for road trips.

We have a highbrow home dairy that delivers glass milk to nice coolers at customer's houses.  There is the next great vc idea barring all the laws, but if you can get pot from a pop machine in ca, why not wake up to some fresh beer?

Did you try Beer, Bath and Beyond?  There's many online crate and storage shops. 

Thanks for all the feedback I'll give your suggestions a try...

Back