Author Topic: Update tool never brings anything down  (Read 5302 times)

srmatt

Update tool never brings anything down
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:46:10 PM »
Though updated ingredients are available the progrm will not download them using the update tool. Had the program crash repeatedly when opening a recipe and had to start digging for a fix. Why not provide your fixes via the update tool ??? Love the program, it will be intersting to see where you go with it.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Update tool never brings anything down
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 10:24:32 PM »
Hi,
  Thanks - I do provide basic updates through the update tool.  Some earlier versions did have problems with updating, though.

I did not include all possible ingredient updates (i.e. extra grains) as not everyone wants to sort through every possible manufacturer's grain.  Instead we made these available via a separate site on the website.

Cheers,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline 3DogBrew

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 06:27:43 AM »
I noticed this same problem yesterday on Windows Vista.  Paying close attention to the error message I realized that the "C:\program files\beersmith\update" folder that the updater tool was looking for was missing.  I created the folder and made sure that the "system" account had full rights to it and the update process worked fine.

Mel Silva
http://www.3dogbrew.com

Offline donniestyle

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 03:03:49 PM »
Personally, I like the grains not getting updated automatically - especially since I modified all of them and have only a set that I regularly use with my cost for each.  Updates should be for the tool only.  Just my opinion.  Anxiously awaiting the new version, and hoping for an android port.